Monday, September 15, 2008

Standing on the Corner Waiting for a Bus . . .

"Hey Mr. Driver Man, drive that bus fast, cause my precious time is slipping fast . . ." Ok, so I'm not a huge Violent Femmes fan, but I do think of that song everytime I am waiting for a bus.

Today was Luke's first bus ride. Last week I took him while the school district got things in order and he started riding today. Luke was so excited to ride the bus like a big boy. And yes it's a short bus, but it's a preschool bus--he is one sharp cookie. So sharp his teacher called me in for a conference to find out what she should do with him.



4 comments:

Precia said...

Smart? Are you sure that kids not genetically yours?

bendanielsfamily said...

I just can't begin to tell you how jealous I am that the bus COMES TO YOUR HOUSE!!!! That's a close second to kids going to preschool in the first place ...dont' you think:)

Suebee said...

Do his uncles know he rides the short bus? I won't tell and since they don't have the attention span to read a blog he should be okay. What a cutie!!!

jim said...

that's funny Jess, that you mention the femmes...the song I remember is Billy Madison's
"go to school" song while the bus passes his house...As long as Luke doesn't act like an O'Doul, he'll be good to go! :)