What a great day for a race!
The crowd, about 330 swimmers and their support crews
My swim buddy, Haze and I
A really crappy picture taken by a fellow swimmer shaking in his boots at the sight of our obvious swimmer strength.
I finished under 40 minutes which was my goal. Haze beat me of coarse by she said 2-3 minutes, she is a much better swimmer than I am. The water was smoother than I thought it would be, a little choppy as we were finishing, but not bad. No need for Dramamine. Maybe next year we'll do the 3.2 miler. I'll add the race results when they post them, and maybe some finishing pictures taken by Haze's husband, Patrick. 'Cuz I'm sure you all want to see me stumbling out of the water in my yellow butterfly bathingsuit. Thanks for a good race Haze!
Race results http://www.racecenter.com/results/2008/fs1mnw08.htm Wow! Haze finished in the top 10 women overall! She was 7th, I was 15th. (out of 37 women who did the 1.2 miles w/o wetsuits) 

4 comments:
Nice Jessica! I'm so proud.
Way to go Jessica!!! I thought of you several times today!!! The pottery looks great!!! Thanks for picking it up. We had a great time.
Love,
Ann
Look at you go!
What Jessica won't tell you :) because she is modest :) lol...is that she finished THIRD in her division and her friends Haze finished 2nd in hers' ;) Jessica...well done! Not a lot of Coasties even do that well...you can brag about that ;) it's not a crime, we've known you are a good swimmer for years! your brat cousin,
Jamey
Post a Comment