Friday, May 20, 2011

Carrot Cake

I made this for Easter and it was really yummy, so I just had to share.



I got the recipe from a lady and church, Lanette. Best carrot cake ever. Super moist.

Cake:
2 C flour
2 t baking soda
2 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
3 xl eggs
3/4 C veg oil
3/4 c buttermilk
2 C sugar
1 T vanilla
1 8oz can of crushed pineapple, drained
2 C finely grated carrots (I ran mine through the food processor twice)
3/4 C coconut

Buttermilk Glaze:
1 C sugar
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 C buttermilk
1/2 C butter
1 T light corn syrup
1 t vanilla

Preheat owen to 350. Genreously grease 9x13 or 2 9" rounds. Sift together dry ingredients. In large bowl beat eggs. Add oil, buttermilk, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture. Blend. Add carrots, pineapple and coconut. Stir. Bake 55 minutes.

While baking make glaze. Combine ingredients except vanilla and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat add vanilla. Use a large pan, ingredients expand after cooking.

Once cake is finished, remove from oven and poke holes in it with a fork or toothpick--all over. Pour glaze over cake and let it soak it. Let cool.

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1/2 c butter
1 - 1 1/2 C powdered sugar to taste.
Chill until set. Serve chilled.

YUM!

No comments: