I've learned that my happiness and well-being depends on balance--a little of everything. Exercise, church/worship, balanced diet, time with Mike, time with the boys, enough sleep, and some me time. (I'm probably forgetting something in there, but that's the idea.) If something is missing, skipped or short-changed, I get, well, out of whack. And that's no good. For anyone.
Last week we recieved our phase 1 adoption check-list. Some of the stuff is simple and easy, like have "3 days worth of food" on hand or have "appropriate lighting in each room to ensure comfort and safety" or make sure the "house temperature is between 68 and 85 degrees". Or my favorite--the home "must have at least one sink, tub/shower and toilet functioning". DUH!?
But the thing about the list isn't that each item on it is unreasonable, (well some of them are kind of over the top in my opinion) it's just that there are 54 items on the list. And this is just the first list.
So, back to where I started--balance. Part of adopting is the crappy check-list/interogation/home invasion. But there's also the good part, the part where you get to have another member of your family to love--forever.
So, in the name of balance, I bought some of this fabric:
Last week we recieved our phase 1 adoption check-list. Some of the stuff is simple and easy, like have "3 days worth of food" on hand or have "appropriate lighting in each room to ensure comfort and safety" or make sure the "house temperature is between 68 and 85 degrees". Or my favorite--the home "must have at least one sink, tub/shower and toilet functioning". DUH!?
But the thing about the list isn't that each item on it is unreasonable, (well some of them are kind of over the top in my opinion) it's just that there are 54 items on the list. And this is just the first list.
So, back to where I started--balance. Part of adopting is the crappy check-list/interogation/home invasion. But there's also the good part, the part where you get to have another member of your family to love--forever.
So, in the name of balance, I bought some of this fabric:

It's "My Favorite Dresses" by Tasha Horsley. You can check-out her SO CUTE etsy shop, a little sweetness. I'm sure I will be back there for something else soon. And go figure. She's from Seattle, one of my favorite places. And she has 4 boys and then an adorable little girl.
Anyway, I picked a baby girl nursery color scheme--red, pink and aqua--to go with this fabric. And everytime I check something lame and annoying off my adoption list I'm going to balance it with working on something really sweet and cute with this fabric or something that goes with it. So plan on seeing some posts of fresh paint, a window valance, crib skirt, quilt, wall hangings etc.
Because the fun part MUST balance out the rest!
1 comment:
Great post, I too need all that to be balanced. Glad you are finding the balance with the adoption process too!
Post a Comment