Thursday, February 17, 2011

Rolling Stones Giveaway!!

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but have just been a slacker. Maybe its a good thing though--now I have a really good reason.

My cousin Joey is in a band and they are good. Perhaps you think you know what I'm saying, but they ARE really good. They have played at various clubs around LA and OC. They've been on a couple tours around the Western States. They're on Pandora and iTunes. They even won the OC Music Award for Best New Indie group and Best New Song. I promise they are really talented and a lot of fun. My favorite performance was House of Blues. Not so much the part where I got hit on by a drunk 19 year old (another post entirely), but the part where I got to see them on stage with a full house, smoke and lights. It was a blast.

Perhaps the best part of their band is they are not the typical "Rock Star" types. They're just regular guys who love their music. Talented regular guys I should say. Their goal is really just to earn enough to keep playing.

Here's some things you should know about Joey:
1) He's a nice guy. He likes kids and works for the school district helping kids with autism.
2) He helped me get Owen into a really great preschool.
3) I remember when he was born and have known him my whole life. He is a creative, out side the box kind of guy. I have stories, but I don't want to embarrass him.
4) He writes clean lyrics that are poetic. He likes people to be happy.
5) He makes really yummy cookies.

So I'm asking a favor. Part because I love Joey, and part because I think they deserve it. They are up for the cover of Rolling Stones Magazine. I know! Crazy exciting!! When I talked to Joey about it, he acted like it wasn't a big deal, but I think deep down he's dying about it. This pic was taken by Rolling Stones, if they win the contest. Anyway, could you vote for them?


(Joey is the last one on the right)

Here's the link. Give them 5 stars. You can vote once a day if you want to. I am.

Oh yeah, the giveaway, what do you win? A signed CD. I'll have Joey personalize it just for you. Who knows someday it may be worth a lot more than what I pay Joey for it. And a batch of Joey's Original Secret Recipe Chocolate Cherry Cookies. I'll package them up nice and quick ship or for locals I'll deliver.

Here's how the giveaway works:

One entry for voting 5 stars and telling me.
One entry for blogging it.
One entry for Facebooking it.
Once entry for Tweeting it.
And entries for whatever else there is out there that I may be forgetting. Just tell me.

Giveaway ends March 2nd midnight Pacific time. There are 4 rounds for the contest of 16 bands. Each round half the bands are eliminated. If Joey makes the first cut he gets to fly to New York and they record in the Atlantic Records studio! So exciting!! First round ends March 2nd, same as the giveaway.

6 comments:

Hope said...

I'm pretty sure I voted. Is there a way you can tell?
How cool for him. The cookies sound divine!!

Dana said...

This is so exciting! I already voted. I'll vote again. I already posted on facebook. So I'll blog it and tweet it. So, my kids love to watch Joey's music video of "El Capitan" and when the soda bottle/ oil well begins erupting...they laugh their heads off! I love to hear Joey's music. I can't wait until we finally make it to a show!

Dana said...

Ok, I also blogged the link and I blogged about your contest and I tweeted. Phew!

Nisha said...

I voted 5 stars, blogged, and faceooked it. Do you know what?! My crazy husband DOES not eat sweets, does not like chocolate, etc. BUT, he will eat (and loves) chocolate/cherry combination. So, this recipe sounds like something I need. Are you allowed to share?

Amber M. said...

How did I miss this?? Just voted!

I dug up some great photos this past week while organizing my boxes of college stuff. Just be aware it's out there. In the universe. Maybe to see the light of day again. Think Mike in his paper chef hat...

Dana said...

I posted about this on my blog and my friend in Salt Lake commented that she saw Joey's band on her local news. Pretty cool!