I've been working on this little girl bedroom for almost a year and I am finally done. (for now anyway)
This is my favorite focal point. A bright, bold, curvy "S" for Scarlett, argyle ruffled bolster pillows and polka dot skirt for her crib, a hexagon crib quilt for her to snuggle up in, and a mini baby doll quilt hanging up to match . . . I love it. It was a lot of sewing and work, but so worth the result in my book.
I'm so lucky to have a handy husband. He cut out this perfect "S".I wasn't sure how to hang the dolly quilt, but when I saw these red clothes pins . . . I thought it would be just the right look. Kinda quirky, but it works.
Here's some close-ups for detail.
I really enjoyed quilting this. It was so small and easy to fit in my machine. The tricky part was peicing those little squares. Each one is just a half inch. This was also my own quilt design. I thought it turned out pretty good. Sixteen patches aren't new or unique, still I like the criss cross of color and the framing of the dresses
I made the curtain valance first. I used the Riley Blake stripes and paired them with "Dresses" by Tasha Noel at A Little Sweetness on Etsy. I had to fussy cut the dresses to make the border trim to get the look I wanted, but again . . . I LOVE it!
I love all these little keepsake nick-nacs . . . the mini Singer hand crank sewing machine my 1st grade teacher gave me, the cherry plates Mike gave me when I had a 1950's cherry kitchen, my grandma's rocking chair pin cushion, and several Mary Englebreit collectables friends have given me over the years . . . they all seem to add to the vintage charm of the room.
I told my mom I really wanted white baskets with red bows to store all her accessories and grandma came through. They are perfect!
Grandma also had the smart idea to paint the cupboard hardward a little. The pulls already had the little round dots, I just painted them red.
Scarlett has recieved so many heirloom dresses from so many sweet & generous ladies, I could not just hang them in her closet. They needed to be displayed. So Mike and I made this cute little dresses rack perfect for showing off her baby girl wardrobe.
I found the wire dress hooks at BB&B and bought them with out hesitation!
She has no idea her room is so special or how cute it is. But I do. And every time I walk in it makes me double happy. Happy to have such a beautiful, sweet daughter and happy to have an excuse to do cute girl things.
7 comments:
So awesome!!!
I really didn't know you had so much talent. Love the room
Kathy
wow! looks really good!!
wow! it's all very adorable!! isn't red, pink and aqua just the sweetest combination?! my daughters bedroom is done in those colors too. :) i love how you used the dresses fabric...so very clever and well thought out. i can't believe the patience it must have taken to do the curtain!! i love the big 'S' on the wall too....so fun! thanks again for sharing. :)
I love Scarlett's room! Your quilting is amazing! 1/2" squares, WOW! It's all so beautiful!
Hot dang, that was a lot of work... a labor of love I'd imagine! Looks so good!
it look so cute... i am really glad it turned out so well! great job!
Post a Comment