Monday, February 20, 2012

New Drapes

My living room needed a little color and something to make it a little warmer and cozier, so drapes it was.

I chose a ginger red to tie in the red from the art work I already had hanging in the room.

This is a magazing collage my sister made me a few years back.

This is an oil painting that I rescued from my step grandmother's DI pile. It was once my grandmothers.


They both had a similar red in them, so I thought it would work.



These windows really appeal to my sense of symetry.

I love this southern exposure picture window. It lets in so much light and thanks to the lattice cover over my front walkway, not too much heat.


This is the view from my front door.

Yay! So much more like home. I managed to finishe the whole project--rods and all 6 panels for under $100. Not too shabby. Gotta love JoAnn's coupons.

Do you think I should hem them? Or leave them as is?

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hem them otherwise your kids will twirl in them and they will get frayed or torn. My kids are always playing in my curtains even though I tell them not to. Plus I like curtains hemmed right above the ground.