Facebook Status: Nothing like the immiment arrival of holiday house guests to whip your butt into gear.
I'm hosting 30 for Thanksgiving at my house; 16 adults, 5 teenagers and 9 children--9 and under. My cousin is driving down from Utah with his 4 boys (my guys are going to have so much fun!), a favorite uncle is driving down with his family from Santa Rosa, CA and then there's the locals that are coming. Disneyland, maybe a beach bonfire, some time at the park, a big feast and best of all the company of those I love and don't often see.
I'm excited about it, but also stressed about my "too due" list. I found myself singing, "Over the river and through the woods to Jessica's house we go, the horse knows the way . . ." And then I laughed out loud. Perhaps I am becoming my mother. Singing away stress, planning and cooking for a crowd, and best of all making up silly lyrics to songs I've sung 100s of times. ( =
This year I'm thankful for furlough days off school so my mom (an elementary school principal) can help me with all the prep and so my boys can be home to enjoy the cousins and family in town. A whole week of no school!
What are you thankful for this year?
1 comment:
Just remember that the house will no longer be clean within an hour of everyone arriving (maybe even 15 minutes), so only spend time cleaning the first room they'll see and get their first impression from. The rest can be "picked up" but definitely not needed to be cleaned. That's my new philosophy anyway :)
You are brave! Very brave! I'm hoping I never have to host Thanksgiving :)
And you and I are two peas in a pod with our sing song, make up lyrics modus operandi. Sophie and I sing our way through the day. Life's more fun that way :)
Post a Comment