But then there's service bartering--the service you do for your family when maybe they should pay you, but instead you just swap services. It might not be even at all, but you both benefit, it's a win-win. I love this sort of stuff. Math tutoring for babysitting. Physical Therapy for yard work. Yard tool rental for homemade cookies. You can come over for dinner, but you have to bring my favorite dessert. You can borrow my boat if when I have kids you will babysit them (hint-hint).
And quilting for free community pool access. Summers here are long and hot. I have no central A/C, just whimpy window units. Thanks Aunt Steph for this quilting project so I don't feel guilty coming over to your house everyday this summer and getting your pool keys. ( =
Aunt Steph pieced it and got the backing all ready to go. She didn't want batting. I had to agree. The fabric is a stretchy, minky soft faux fur. It's super snuggly.
I just tacked it together in the corners of each block and used a stretch stitch around the edges for the wrap over binding.
I think it's nice I get to use her pool all summer. Only 23 more days of school. The boys will learn to swim and come home tired. I'm looking forward to this summer. I'm going to have a very nice tan this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment