I have to share this recipe for sugar cookies, it was the best I have ever eaten or made ever. As good or better than any store bought cookie--it rivals those pink frosting ones, seriously. I got it out of an Amish cookbook my sister-in-law, Emily got for me. The ladies in the Miller family all pitched in recipes for a cookbook fundraiser to help thier sick father/father-in-law. Anyway here it is:
Amish Sugar Cookies (I added the Amish part, it was just plain sugar cookies in the cook book.)
3 eggs
1 1/4 C oil
2 1/2 C sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 C milk
1 tsp. vanilla
7 C flour
Combine eggs, oil and sugar; mix well. Add baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. Then add milk, vanilla and flour; mix well. Refridgerate for 3+ hours. Add flour as you roll it out so that dough isn't too sticky. Dough will rise a little and expand so roll them a little thinner than you want your cookies. Also don't place them too close together. Bake at 350 for 7 - 9 minutes. I don't like mine crunchy or brown at all, so I take them out a little earlier.
My Works For Me Wednesday tip is we used snack size zip-loc bags for the frosting. It was way less mess with the little ones. Plus there was no lick the knife temptation. It's also a cheap simple disposible way to have 10+ kids frosting cookies with many differnt colored frosting bags all at once. You must make sure the bags are sealed tight and just clip a tiny corner off so the frosting can come out. And beware of the male preschooler with the crazy strong hands who busts open his bag accidentally. (any one I know?) Here's some examples of our masterpieces:
If you want more Works for Me Wednesday Tips check out: http://www.wearethatfamily.com/
1 comment:
Jessica, I have an award for you over on my blog today!!
Post a Comment