The day after my birthday we found out Scarlett's adoption would be delayed 2 months. I was so sad about it. I just kept saying, "well the day after your birthday is always a downer. So better to hear bad news on a bad day anyway."
Its been 2 months almost and hopefully the paperwork will be done in time for our scheduled appointment on June 5th. If that all goes smoothly we should finalize sometime in July.
As I've had 2 extra months to ponder on each of our adoption experiences, I have revisited the working of true miracles--each one unique and precious. Its not me or the social workers that work these miracles. We do our best (hopefully), but ultimately I believe my blessings and miracles come to pass because of a master plan orchestrated by my Father in Heaven. Each section coming in and out as needed, all in harmony. Even if I can't hear harmony it at the time, I can when I play it back.
These last two months have not been wasted time. We got beautiful photographs taken for the adoption announcements to go out. We have initialized contact with Scarlett's birth family. We've followed up on her screening exams. We have gotten information about DNA testing for any future questions our children may have about their biological history. Perhaps we needed these 2 months.
So in short, although the delay wasn't part of my plan, I can't say its been a bad thing. Maybe it was necessary for things to come. I don't know.
I feel very grateful and blessed to see the prayers and hopes of so many working things out for us.
So thank you all so much. And lets all hope that things continue on track as they should.
Much Love,
Jessica
Its been 2 months almost and hopefully the paperwork will be done in time for our scheduled appointment on June 5th. If that all goes smoothly we should finalize sometime in July.
As I've had 2 extra months to ponder on each of our adoption experiences, I have revisited the working of true miracles--each one unique and precious. Its not me or the social workers that work these miracles. We do our best (hopefully), but ultimately I believe my blessings and miracles come to pass because of a master plan orchestrated by my Father in Heaven. Each section coming in and out as needed, all in harmony. Even if I can't hear harmony it at the time, I can when I play it back.
These last two months have not been wasted time. We got beautiful photographs taken for the adoption announcements to go out. We have initialized contact with Scarlett's birth family. We've followed up on her screening exams. We have gotten information about DNA testing for any future questions our children may have about their biological history. Perhaps we needed these 2 months.
So in short, although the delay wasn't part of my plan, I can't say its been a bad thing. Maybe it was necessary for things to come. I don't know.
I feel very grateful and blessed to see the prayers and hopes of so many working things out for us.
So thank you all so much. And lets all hope that things continue on track as they should.
Much Love,
Jessica
3 comments:
Love your thoughts on this journey!! May all go well the next few months :)
Greetings Dear Family,
What a wonderful attitude! Everything has worked out and shall continue to be positive going forward. Your darling kids are so blessed to have such amazing parents!!! Keep it up!!!
With Love,
Mo and Lyd
There's an award for you in my blog: http://susanna-behindmyeyes.blogspot.com/2012/05/versatitle-blog-award.html :)
Post a Comment